Who knew a healthier vegan muffin could taste so moist and luscious! Eggs are substituted with mashed bananas in this recipe, creating a lovely texture and rich flavour. It’s not only that bananas, chocolate and maca make an excellent flavour combination, together they are also a superfood powerhouse! Bananas are a rich source of potassium and soluble fibre, which help slow down the conversion of carbohydrates into simple sugars. Add the mood boosting properties of maca and chocolate, and what you get is a tasty treat that will keep you full and bouncing with energy!
Makes 8-9 muffins | Prep time: 5 mins | Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Chocolate & Maca baking mix
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 100g vegan chocolate chips OR raisins
- Preheat the oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the mashed bananas, oil and nut milk together. Carefully stir in the contents of the Chocolate & Maca muffin mix and then whisk for a minute until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add in the vegan chocolate chips or raisins and leave the mixture to rest for a few minutes.
- Place 8-9 muffin cases into a muffin tray and fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Look for firm, but bouncy muffin domes. Ovens vary, some might need a couple of minutes longer or less.
- Move to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Decorate with melted chocolate and banana crisps or simply top with some nut butter.
You can store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your superfood muffin creations! #thrivelybaking