These delicious Chocolate and Strawberry muffins will make the perfect dessert for a romantic dinner. In ancient Rome the strawberry was the symbol of Venus, the goddess of love. To top that, maca, chocolate and strawberries are all potent aphrodisiacs. Don’t say you weren’t warned!
Delicious, indulgent but surprisingly light and nourishing, you’ll definitely impress with this classic recipe with a nutritional twist. We have swapped the dairy cream for coconut milk in the chocolate sauce, which is rich in beneficial fats but light and naturally sweet. To keep your chocolate sauce on the healthier side, choose organic and natural dark chocolate without refined sugar.
Makes 8-9 muffins | Prep time: 5 mins | Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Chocolate & Maca baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 10-12 organic strawberries
- 50g dark chocolate
- 200ml coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil and milk together. Carefully stir in the contents of the Chocolate & Maca muffin mix and then whisk for a minute until you have a smooth mixture.
- Cut 6-7 strawberries into small pieces and add them to the dough mixture. Leave the rest of the strawberries for decoration.
- Place 8-9 muffin cases into a muffin tray and fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Look for firm, but bouncy muffin domes. Ovens vary, some might need a couple of minutes longer or less.
- Move to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- To make the chocolate sauce, bring the coconut milk to a boil and add the chocolate. Stir until it’s completely melted.
- Serve with a strawberry on top and a drizzle of hot chocolate sauce.
You can store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your superfood muffin creations! #thrivelybaking