Incredibly fragrant and flavoursome with a delicious nutty crunch, these muffins are hard to resist. The moist and fluffy wholegrain sponge brings in tummy-loving fibre, whilst walnuts are a rich source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which helps lower “bad” cholesterol and keep arteries healthy. Cranberries and baobab are high in Vitamin C, essential for neutralising the damaging free-radicals in the body. The cranberry and baobab combination is also a very delicious one, creating a sharply sweet taste perfectly balanced with a drizzle of honey.
Makes 8-9 muffins | Prep time: 10 mins | Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Baobab baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 1tbsp mixed spice
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp orange zest
- 60g cranberries (sugar-free)
- 30g raw chopped walnuts
- Raw set honey for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, milk, spices and orange zest together. Carefully stir in the contents of the Baobab baking mix and then whisk for a minute until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add the cranberries and walnuts to the mixture. Leave it to rest for a few minutes.
- Place 8-9 muffin cases into a muffin tray and fill them almost to the top.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Look for firm, but bouncy domes. Ovens vary, some might need a little longer or a little less.
- Move to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Drizzle with set honey and sprinkle some walnuts before serving.
You can store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your healthy muffin creations! #thrivelybaking