These delicious and nourishing muffins make such a dreamy breakfast or a snack. Think of them as the muffin version of the PB&J sandwich, only better! Wholesome muffin sponge with lucuma, coconut and peanut butter flavour, topped with homemade strawberry chia jam and extra peanut butter. Peanut butter is a fantastic ingredient full of fibre, potassium and protein helping you to feel energised and full for longer.
For maximum health benefits choose a natural peanut butter with no added salt, sugar, palm oil or preservatives.
Makes 8-9 muffins | Prep time: 15mins | Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Lucuma & Coconut baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 4tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 6-7 strawberries, diced
- 1tsp honey
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- a pinch of lemon zest
- 50ml water
- Preheat the oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil and milk and together then add the peanut butter. Carefully stir in the contents of the Lucuma & Coconut muffin mix and then whisk for about a minute until you have a smooth mixture.
- Place 8-9 muffin cases into a muffin tray and fill them almost to the top.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Look for firm, but bouncy domes. Ovens vary, some might need a little longer or a little less.
- In the meantime, prepare the chia jam by adding all the ingredients in a small sauce pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Let it cool completely. You can prepare the jam up to 2 days in advance.
- Once your muffins are ready, move them to a wire rack and leave them to cool. Serve with a dollop of jam and a drizzle of peanut butter. Enjoy!
You can store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your healthy muffin creations! #thrivelybaking