One for the nut lovers out there! Rich chocolate and maca cupcake topped with light and flavoursome peanut butter and coconut frosting. This frosting is very easy to whip up and your cupcakes will definitely impress without requiring much time in the kitchen. Peanuts are a source of copper, manganese and vitamin B3, essential for proper functioning of metabolic processes and bone health, in addition to being rich in monounsaturated fats for heart health.
Choose raw peanut butter with no added sugar or palm oil to get the maximum wholesome benefits of peanuts.
Makes 12 cupcakes | Prep time: 20 mins | Bake time: 20 mins
- 1 Chocolate & Maca baking mix
- 4 medium, oraginic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 500ml coconut cream (2x 250ml packs), chilled
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Cacao nibs for decoration
- Place the unopened coconut cream in the fridge, so the water separates and it solidifies on the top.
- Preheat oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, and milk together. Carefully stir in the contents of the Chocolate & Maca mix, then whisk for a minute until you have a smooth texture.
- Place the cupcake cases into a muffin tray and fill two thirds to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Ovens vary, some might need a little longer or a few minutes less. Move to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- To make the frosting, scoop out the solidified cream from the coconut cream can/carton and place it in a cold mixing bowl (keep the left over coconut water- it’s great in smoothies). Add the honey and vanilla and whisk for about 4-5 mins until the mixture is whipped to a light and fluffy texture. Place it in the fridge to further set until you are ready to decorate your cupcakes.
You can store cupcakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your superfood nutty cupcake creations! #thrivelybaking