Superfood baobab cupcakes frosted with peach flavoured cashew cream, perfect for special occasions or simply as a fabulous dessert to end a healthy meal. These look beautiful decorated with fresh peaches, which together with the baobab provide a dose of rejuvenating Vitamin C. Cashews on the other hand help with the formation of collagen, which contributes to glowing, beautiful skin. Try not to eat most of the frosting out of the bowl and before it gets to the cupcakes! A challenge almost everybody fails at..
Makes 12 cupcakes | Prep time: 30 mins (+ 4 hours for soaking) | Bake time: 20 mins
- 1 Baobab superfood baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml coconut oil, melted
- 200g cashews (soaked in water for at least 4 hours)
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 120ml almond milk
- 2 ripe peaches (skinned and diced)
- crushed pistachios for decoration
- Preheat oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, and milk together. Add the contents of the Baobab mix and combine carefully. Whisk for further 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Place the cupcake cases into a muffin tray and fill two thirds to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Ovens vary, some might need a little less. Move to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- To make the frosting, add the frosting ingredients into the food processor and blend until you get a smooth texture.
- To decorate top each cupcake with a generous amount of frosting, a couple of slices of fresh peach and a sprinkle of crushed pistachios.
You can store cupcakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your superfood cupcake creations! #thrivelybaking