Decadent chocolate brownies with a delicious coffee kick. These are seriously addictive, don’t say we didn’t warn you! Moist and flavoursome and super easy to make- the preparation takes no more than 5 minutes. For the days when you need a little pick me up treat, you can’t go wrong with a nutritious and energising combination of maca, chocolate and coffee in the form of a yummy dessert.
Makes 15 squares | Prep time: 5 mins | Bake time: 20 mins
- 1 Chocolate & Maca baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 3-4 tsp instant esspresso powder
Mocha Chocolate drizzle
- 100g dairy and refined sugar-free chocolate (or choc chips)
- 1tsp instant espresso powder
- 50ml non-dairy milk
- flaked almonds for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and milk together.
- Place the contents of the baking mix in a searate bowl and add the esspreso powder. Then add the wet ingredients and mix well until you get a smooth dough mixture.
- Line a brownie tray (20cm x 30cm) with parchment baking paper and pour the mixture in. Smooth out the top and ensure the mixture reaches the corners of the tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a tin crust forms in the middle. Ovens vary, some might need a little longer or a little less.
- Whilist the brownies are cooling, put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place it over a saucepan with simmering water. Wait for it to melt, stirring occasionally. Add the espresso powder and then the nut milk to achieve a thinner sauce consistency.
- To decorate, drizzle the mocha chocolate sauce over the brownies and sprinkle a few flaked almonds.
- Slice into 15 pieces and enjoy!
You can store the brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your healthy bakign creations! #thrivelybaking