The more chocolate the better, don’t you agree?! This recipe is super easy and it’s guaranteed to make everyone happy and full of energy due to the uplifting and balancing properties of cocoa and maca. That’s why these muffins make a great and healthier pick-me-up treat.
For this recipe, you can use any organic dairy and refined sugar-free chocolate chips. There are lots of brands out there, and you can choose between products sweetened with coconut sugar, honey, agave, stevia. Pick your favourite from any health store and if you can’t find one easily you can crush your favourite healthy chocolate bar into small pieces.
Makes 8-9 muffins | Prep time: 5 mins | Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Chocolate & Maca baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 100g dark chocolate chips of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil and milk together. Carefully stir in the contents of the Chocolate & Maca muffin mix and then whisk for a minute until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add in the chocolate chips and leave the mixture to rest for a few minutes.
- Place 8-9 muffin cases into a muffin tray and fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Look for firm, but bouncy muffin domes. Ovens vary, some might need a couple of minutes longer or less.
- Move to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- To decorate, you can simply sprinkle with a few chocolate chips 10 minutes before you take them out of the oven
You can store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your superfood muffin creations! #thrivelybaking