Sweet and spiced, and full of all things nice! This recipe is incredibly yummy with the exotic flavour of ginger and the subtle sweetness of dates, which work so well with the baobab. Try them with crushed pecans sprinkled on top or even added to the muffin mixture.
Dates are a great immune-boosting fruit, supplying slow-release sugars, soluble and insoluble fibre for happy tummy and potassium for strong and healthy heart.
Medjool dates work best in this recipe, because they are soft and extra juicy, however if you have another type just soak them for a few minutes in water to soften them before chopping. These muffins are excellent with ginger tea or a turmeric latte to get some extra immune-boosting nutrients from the fresh ginger and spicy turmeric!
Makes 8-9 large muffins | Prep time: 10 mins | Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Baobab baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 9-10 dates
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- [Optional] a handful of crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, milk and grated ginger together. Carefully stir in the contents of the Baobab baking mix and then whisk for a minute until you have a smooth mixture.
- Chop the dates into small pieces and add them to the mixture. Leave it to rest for a few minutes.
- Place 8-9 muffin cases into a muffin tray and fill them almost to the top.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Look for firm, but bouncy domes. Ovens vary, some might need a little longer or a little less.
- Move to a wire rack and leave to cool.
You can store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your healthy muffin creations! #thrivelybaking