This recipe is perfect for those times when you fancy a healthier treat, but you don’t have the time to think or shop for fancy ingredients! Raisins, our humble friends, sitting quietly in the cupboard are here to save the day, adding extra sweetness and juiciness to your lucuma and coconut muffins. And what’s more raisins are an effective prebiotic feeding the good bacteria in your gut, whilst the coconut flour and flakes provide you with fibre and beneficial fats for metabolism support. Simple, yet super scrumptious and tummy loving!
Makes 8-9 muffins | Prep time: 5 mins | Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Lucuma & Coconut baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 60g raisins or sultanas
- Coconut flakes for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil and milk together. Carefully stir in the contents of the Lucuma & Coconut mix and then whisk for a minute until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add in the raisins and leave the mixture to rest for a few minutes.
- Place 8-9 muffin cases into a muffin tray and fill almost to the top.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Look for firm, but bouncy muffin domes. Ovens vary, some might need a couple of minutes longer or less.
- Move to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- You can top your muffins with a few toasted coconut flakes for decoration.
You can store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your superfood muffin creations! #thrivelybaking