These gorgeous fruity cupcakes are lovely as a healthier summer bake treat! Light, refreshing and incredibly delicious they are a great nutritious alternative to the traditional celebration cake and look super cute arranged on a tier stand. Raspberries contain a vast array of anti-oxidants, great for regulating metabolism and efficient absorbtion of fat.
Makes 12 cupcakes | Prep time: 20 mins | Bake time: 20 mins
- 1 Lucuma & Coconut baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml coconut oil, melted
- 500ml coconut cream (2x 250ml packs), chilled
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 150g raspberries
- Place the unopened coconut cream in the fridge, so the water separates and it solidifies on the top.
- Preheat the oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, and milk together. Add the contents of the Lucuma & Coconut mix and combine carefully. Whisk for a minute until you have a smooth texture.
- In a separate bowl or a food processor blend the raspberries until they form a smooth puree and add half of it to the dough mixture. Keep the rest for the frosting
- Place the cupcake cases into a muffin tray and fill two thirds to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Ovens vary, some might need a little longer or a little less. Move to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- To make the frosting, scoop out the solidified cream from the coconut cream can/carton and place it in a cold mixing bowl. Add the honey, raspberry puree and vanilla and whisk for 4-5 mins until the mixture is whipped to a light and fluffy texture. Place it in the fridge to further set until you are ready to decorate your cupcakes.
- I love to decorate these with toasted coconut flakes, edible flowers and of course fresh raspberries.
You can store cupcakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your healthy cupcakes! #thrivelybaking