A beautiful combination of citrusy-sweet baobab, tangy orange and intense dark chocolate. You’d love this recipe and even more so because of it’s healthy ingredients- baobab is a rich source of vitamin C and it’s 50% fibre, whilst one of the many benefits of a quality dark chocolate is that it provides plenty of magnesium, a mineral essential for energy production. Now that makes a perfect breakfast muffin for a busy day!
For this recipe, you can use any organic dairy and refined sugar-free chocolate chips. Choose between products sweetened with coconut sugar, honey, agave, maple syrup or stevia. Pick your favourite from any health store and if you can’t easily find one, just crush your favourite healthy chocolate bar into small pieces.
Makes 8-9 muffins | Prep time: 5 mins | Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Baobab baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 100g dark chocolate chips of your choice
- 1tsp orange zest*
*Use unwaxed oranges
- Preheat the oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, milk and orange zest together. Carefully stir in the contents of the Baobab baking mix pack and then whisk for a minute until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add in the chocolate chips and leave the mixture to rest for a few minutes.
- Place your muffin cases into a muffin tray and fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Look for firm, but bouncy muffin domes. Ovens vary, some might need a couple of minutes longer or less.
- Move to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- You can decorate with melted chocolate, a sprinkle of cacao nibs or orange zest.
You can store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your superfood muffin creations! #thrivelybaking