These chocolate and maca muffins are full of crunch! On top of the tiny, but mighty chia seeds present in each baking mix, we simply added chopped raw hazelnuts. Hazelnuts are a great source of folate, Vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and monounsaturated fats, contributing to a healthy heart, skin, bones and digestion. So add to your hearts content and if you are feeling extra nutty, why not enjoy them topped with some smooth hazelnut butter!
Makes 8-9 large muffins | Prep time: 5 mins | Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Chocolate & Maca baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut
- 60g chopped hazelnuts (feel free to add more)
- Preheat oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil and milk together. Carefully stir in the contents of the Chocolate & Maca mix and then whisk for a minute until you have a smooth mixture.
- Fold in the hazelnuts and leave the mixture to rest for a few minutes.
- Place 8-9 muffin cases into a muffin tray and fill them almost to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Look for firm, but bouncy muffin domes. Ovens vary, some might need a couple of minutes longer or less.
- Move to a wire rack and leave to cool.
You can store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your superfood muffin creations! #thrivelybaking