The best combination ever- cherries, almonds and lots of nutritious deliciousness! You’ll just love the fresh cherries in every bite and the unmistakable almond flavour that gives this recipe its signature bakewell taste. Cherries are full of superfruit power, containing anthocyanin which helps regulate blood sugar,and melatonin which promotes quality sleep, plus plenty of anti-inflammatory flavonoids.
To make your muffins extra pretty, set aside some whole cherries for decoration and sprinkle the muffins with flaked almonds before serving.
Makes 8-9 muffins | Prep time: 10mins | Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Lucuma & Coconut baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 120g cherries (pitted and diced)
- 2 tsp French almond extract
- 30g flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, milk and almond extract together. Carefully stir in the contents of the Lucuma & Coconut muffin mix and then whisk for about a minute until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add the diced cherries and almonds and leave the mixture to rest for a few minutes.
- Place 8-9 muffin cases into a muffin tray and fill them almost to the top.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Look for firm, but bouncy domes. Ovens vary, some might need a little longer or a little less.
- Move to a wire rack and leave to cool.
You can store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your healthy muffin creations! #thrivelybaking