Coconut & Blueberry is one of those combinations everyone loves. The tangy freshness from the blueberries balances perfectly the sweet coconut, creating a delicious treat with extra fibre and antioxidants. Blueberries pack a powerful nutritional punch- they are a good source of Vitamin K, Vitamin C and flavonoid compounds called anthocyanins, which studies suggest may have a significant role in maintaining cardiovascular health and cognitive functions.
These muffins are great on their own for breakfast or with some coconut yogurt for dessert. Guaranteed you’ll be reaching out for seconds.
Makes 8-9 muffins | Prep time: 10 mins | Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Lucuma & Coconut baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 120g blueberries
- Coconut flakes for decoration
- Preheat oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, and milk together.
- Carefully stir in the contents of the lucuma and coconut muffin mix and whisk for a minute until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add the blueberries, leaving some out for decoration. Let the mixture to rest for a few minutes.
- Place the muffin cases into a muffin tray and fill them almost to the top. Place a couple of blueberries on top of each muffin for decoration.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Look out for firm, but bouncy domes. Ovens vary, some might need a little longer or a little less.
- Move to a wire rack and leave to cool. Serve with some coconut flakes sprinkled for decoration.
You can store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your healthy muffin creations! #thrivelybaking