Who knew baobab and figs make such a delicious combination! These quick and easy muffins are not only incredibly tasty but also pack in extra fibre for a happy tummy. Whether you choose dried or fresh figs, the results will be equally delicious. Each type of fig has its own benefits. Fresh figs contain more beta-carotene which converts into vitamin A, whilst dried figs are rich in pectin – a type of soluble fibre which helps regulate blood sugar levels.
Makes 8-9 muffins | Prep time: 5 mins | Bake time: 25 mins
- 1 Baobab baking mix
- 4 medium, organic eggs
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 5-6 figs (fresh or dried)
- Preheat the oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, and milk together. Carefully stir in the contents of the Baobab baking mix pack and then whisk for a minute until you get a smooth mixture.
- Slice the figs lengthways into 8 pieces and add them to the mixture. You can also use dried figs, it’s equally tasty.
- Place your muffin cases into a muffin tray and fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Look for firm, but bouncy muffin domes. Ovens vary, some might need a couple of minutes longer or less.
- Move to a wire rack to cool and enjoy!
You can store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your superfood muffin creations! #thrivelybaking