A moist baobab flavoured sponge with juicy cherries and apricots, sprinkled with crunchy toasted almonds. This simple yet delicious traybake recipe is all you need for a quick, satisfying and yet healthier treat.
The wholegrain cake base with chia and baobab is full of fibre, and the added apricots have high content of beta-carotene, beneficial for eye health. They also contain key vitamins such as Vitamin C & Vitamin E, promoting clear skin and protecting against free-radical damage. To top this off add some fresh or dried cherries for extra anti-oxidant power.
Another incredibly tasty guest recipe by the talented healthy blogger @SpamellaB
Makes 9-12 squares | Prep time: 10 mins | Bake time: 25-30 mins
- 1 Baobab baking mix
- 3 medium, organic eggs
- 250ml almond milk
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 60g (4tbsp) dried unsweetened cherries
- 60g (4tbsp) chopped dried apricots
- 1tsp french almond extract
- 40g (4tbsp) flaked almonds for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 170C /150C fan /Gas mark 3.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, milk, almond extract together. Carefully stir in the contents of the Baobab baking mix and then whisk until you have a smooth dough.
- Fold in the chopped apricots and cherries.
- Lightly grease a square or rectangular baking tin and spoon the dough mixture into it, smoothing out evenly.
- Scatter the flaked almonds over the top and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden risen and firm. If needed, cover with foil towards the end to prevent the top from browning too much.
- Leave to cool in the tin then cut into 9-12 squares and enjoy!
You can store squares in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Enjoy and don’t forget to tag us in your photos and show off your healthy baking creations! #thrivelybaking